Thank you for supporting TheMourningProject.com!
Here are some tips for participating in the project.
- Make sure you have plenty of black-white-and/or-gray yarn or fabric on hand. A fat eighth size piece of fabric is usually enough to make a simple pair of baby booties.
- Check out these links to free online patterns, or develop your own.
- Put this poster in your window along with a full size logo for the Project.
- Let your customers know about the project and that you are supporting it. Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Host a baby booting making party. Invite the local media and your elected representatives. Download and distribute this info sheet to help people understand the problem.
- Share information about the project at your next shop hop.
- I am collecting 23,000 pairs of handmade baby booties until we reach the goal.
- The baby booties should be in any combination of black, white, and gray. However, if a yarn or fabric is black with a red thread, and it ‘reads’ black, it will be a great addition to the project.
- Please make sure each pair of baby booties is tied or stitched together.
- Please have each of your baby bootie makers complete a permissions form.
- I will create an art installation with the donated baby booties that will travel across the country.
- Subscribe to get updates on the project’s progress and exhibitions.